The Summit at Lantana provides its tenants and visitors with onsite campus security personnel 24/7. Should you have a security concern at any time, please call Campus Security at (512) 774-9389.
Campus security will be happy to escort tenants to their cars in the parking garage, jump-start a vehicle, assist with after hour access with prior written notification, and/or assist with unwanted solicitors.
As an added security precaution, we ask that you notify us of any employee terminations. We can then make sure security is aware of any possible problems that may be associated with a termination situation. It also allows us to update and keep your employee list current. If you use an access card system, it is important to retrieve the card from the employee.
The following is a list of general office security tips, which are offered to you as an aid in establishing your internal security procedures:
- Restrict office keys to those who actually need them.
- Keep complete, up-to-date records of all access cards and office keys.
- Establish uniform procedures for collecting keys prior to the termination of employees.
- Establish a rule that keys must never be left unguarded on desks or cabinets.
- Require that filing cabinet keys be removed from locks and placed in a secure location after opening cabinets.
- Prevent unauthorized personnel from reporting a lost key and receiving a replacement.
- Ensure that a responsible person is in charge of issuing all keys.
- Store keys systematically in a secured wall cabinet of either your own design or one that conforms to a commercial key control system.
- Insist on identification from repairmen who come to work in your office.
- Clear all desks of important papers.
- When working alone in the office at night, lock the front door to prevent anyone else from entering.
- Keep the police, fire department, and building security telephone numbers posted.
- Double check to see that all doors are securely locked before you leave.
Solicitation is not permitted. If suspicious persons are seen loitering anywhere in the building or around the campus, please report them to Campus Security at (512) 774-9389 immediately.
If you see suspicious or offensive persons in the building, please call Campus Security immediately. If possible, make note of appearance, clothing, etc. in order to assist building security in locating them.
Please be aware of strangers in your Tenant areas and halls. Quite often a question such as “May I help you locate someone?” will be enough to deter a potential thief. Suspicious encounters of this type should be reported to Campus Security immediately.